Dispute Process


What is a dispute?

Disputes occur when the Police check result delivered to you has incorrect information. Here the term ‘you” refers to you as the Customer/the applicant/the user applying for a Police check through the service provided by this website.

Your Information in a Police check result may be incorrect when:

  • Information held in Police records does not correctly match with your information.
  • Information provided by you during the application was incomplete.
  • You have been incorrectly identified in a Police check result.

What is the process for resolving a dispute?

The dispute resolution process consists of 5 steps:

Step 1 - Check result is received

The Police check is received by us and provided to you as soon as practicable.

Step 2 – Applicant reviews the result

You review your Police check result and contact us if:

  • The Police information released does not belong to you.
  • Part of the information does not belong to you.
  • The Police information belongs to you, but the details are incorrect.
  • The Police information belongs to you but was not supposed to be released.

Step 3 – Applicant contacts us to raise a dispute

If you want to raise a dispute, you can contact us on:

Email: support@koncheck.com(include your first name, surname and police check reference number)

Phone: 03-96201497

Step 4 – Completion of a dispute form

We will provide you with a dispute form. You are required to complete the dispute form and attach the necessary supporting documents. We verify and review this information and lodge the dispute form with the ACIC on your behalf.

Step 5 – Police check result is reviewed again

The Police agency reviews the result of your police check again and seeks more information if necessary.

Step 6 – Applicant is notified of dispute outcome

A Dispute outcome can be successful or unsuccessful. A successful Dispute outcome means amendment/s have been made to the previously issued Police check result. An unsuccessful Dispute outcome means no change has been made to the police check result.

At the end of the dispute process, we receive and then provide you with the new Police check result (either successful or unsuccessful).

Process to Resolving a dispute

How long can the dispute process take?

A Police check dispute may take anywhere between one day to a couple of weeks, depending on its complexity. For example, it may take longer if the Police need to gather more information from external sources such as a Court or another Police agency.

You are strongly advised not to dispute police check information provided by KONCHECK.COM through ACIC directly or a local state police agency. Please contact us to raise a dispute.